Pecans are one of autumn’s most delicious treats, and better yet when you add some maple syrup and spices. These maple spiced pecans are quick and easy to make, but so delicious you’ll wow your holiday company.
1 pound raw pecan halves
1 Tbsp organic pure maple syrup
1.5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Roast pecans on a baking sheet until fragrant, about 12 minutes (If you purchased pre-roasted pecans, skip this step)
3. Combine olive oil and maple syrup in a small bowl
4. Combine rosemary, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in another small bowl
5. Place roasted pecans in a large bowl, drizzle with the oil and maple syrup mixture. Coat completely
6. Sprinkle the spice mixture onto the coated pecans and toss again
Image Credit: Flickr, Thomas Quine